Thursday, February 28, 2013

Inspiration...

I have recently discovered Doctor Who. Don't hate me. I'm a late bloomer, it's true, but now that the line has been crossed, there is no going back.

I am quite sure that I will die still pining for Christopher Eccleston. I adore him. And I can say without any hesitation that if he showed up (meaning the Doctor, though I'd probably nip after Christopher himself too) I would run for the stars with him in a trice.

But really, this post isn't about the Doctor so much as the giddy excitement watching the show provokes. There's something so incorrigibly lighthearted about, specifically Christopher's portrayal, but also the other Doctors wherein they find joy in watching beetles surmount boulder mountain peaks. It's very refreshing. And while they face dangers that are quite serious, they never miss a chance to laugh.

I am inspired by this. And while I've been known to laugh on the way to the emergency room, there's always room to be reminded that laughter is a grand thing. Sometimes, it's the only thing that can carry you through.

Short post, this.


I'll leave you with a laugh of the day picture. Me, photo-creeping Artemis style:

1 comment:

  1. I'm coming over from Janice Hardy's blog where you commented on my post. I found Doctor Who late as well, but LOVE it. You're so right that there's no going back. The Doctor and his companions have made me laugh and cry. And if he ever showed up on my doorstep I'd run with him too.

    Good luck with your querying and writing. One day it WILL fall into place. :) It's that whole "patience" thing that's so hard. If your interested, I also co-host a writer/critique blog with some other great ladies. Next week is my week to post. We're over at Unicorn Bell.

    ReplyDelete