I've been awarded the Versatile Blogger Award!
The basics of the award are as follows…I have to tell you seven things about myself. Here goes!
1. I have never truly cut my hair in my entire life. It's only been trimmed (like an inch or so) every few months.
2. Despite never having cut my hair, I did lose a bunch of it once when I fell while playing on a treadmill (I was 9 and invincible, okay?) Upon being shot off the treadmill, the wheel turning the belt sucked all of my hair into it. In honest truth, I would have been scalped if not for my 13 year old cousin Ian, who immediately (while all the other kids screamed in terror) ran to the wall and unplugged the machine. He's thirty-something years old now, and a viciously cool terror on the bike polo asphalt. And he's still my first hero.
3. I'm attending the Sirens Conference in October this year! Check them out and come see me!
4. I've copied Christi's blog post she wrote when SHE got the Versatile Blogger Award (since she's the one who gave it to me) and I'm just altering the facts for me *laughs evilly* Now, go forth and witness the awesomeness that is Christi's Blog!
5. I carry a doll almost everywhere with me. His name is Scrump and he's a zombie doll given to me by a very good friend many years ago. You can see him in my profile picture. Come to Sirens and you can meet him in person. Seriously, Tamora Pierce thought he was cute enough to have a picture taken with him. Okay, really, we buried her under ALL the stuffed animals people brought to the Con (did I mention that Sirens is an awesome place to go for your first con? :) but Scrump was front and center.
6. I broke our riding mower once by doing nothing at all besides steering it. The guy who came out to fix it said that the main belt had split right down the center, all the way around, and that in 27 years of business, he'd never seen that happen. I've never touched the mower since.
7. I work on a horse farm with four other girls. But since we're always covered in dirt, we have this absurd love of dressing up glamorously with high heels and taking pictures of each other. Like this one:
Here’s some more specifics about the Versatile Blogger award. If you are nominated you need to do the following…
- Thank the person who gave you this award.
- Include a link to their blog.
- Next, select blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly.
- Nominate those bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award
- Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
So, I nominate the following blogs for this award…