Friday, November 1, 2013

Not Like You'll Miss Me...

I've been doing a great deal of thinking about my blog. Or, to be more precise, the lack of my blog. I try, but what began as a decently regular posting, has fallen into the realms of 'Dang, I need to do a blog post... but I'm busy with other stuff...' and more often than not, I'm not getting posts up with any sort of consistency. So for now, I'm going to take a little break from blogging. This isn't to say that I won't randomly post things, but I'm giving myself permission not to feel guilty over not posting.

I understand that nowadays agents - or supposedly *many* agents - like to see a definitive web presence, or platform, but with GMG looking at shelf-time, I need to focus on my next viable projects. The first of them is with one of my critique partners right now, and the other is in the first draft stage. I won't be doing away with my blog or anything, but writing needs to come first, so that's where I'm putting it.

So, I leave you with the knowledge that I'll be lurking but might not be all that visible for the next couple of months.

3 comments:

  1. I totally understand your way of thinking, right now. I'm sure most others will too. Best of luck with the writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand as well. But stick around, don't lurk too silently!

    Sarah Allen
    (From Sarah, with Joy)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just got back from a break. Looks like we have been blogging about the same amount of time. I was trying to edit and book and just decided...not good enough.

    When you are ready you will be here.

    We have spotted a mountain lion and in relationship to the size of the stump, this may be it. Fast movement is there so the blur. I was hoping he would move out. We have a new calf and more to come...and he was skinny!

    Have a great holiday and good fortune with your book.

    ReplyDelete