Monday, August 12, 2013

Being Naughty...

I'm being bad. I really ought to be in bed, but I'm in the height of my most recent dose of Percocet and I don't have the discipline to bother with 'ought tos' and 'should dos'. Instead, I'm sitting up and writing a blog post because I haven't written one in more than a week. And the last one was rather drippy to boot.

So here's a goofy, drug induced one to make you laugh!

Oh, the drugs... yes let me first explain those, since I don't want to look like I'm endorsing them. I love doing new things, you know, experiencing things I've never experienced and that kind of thing. So I went and got Shingles *insert excited squee here* Yeah, no. No squeeing, unless it's in pain. And the only exciting part about it all was when the doctor handed me the script for pain meds to counter the excruciating nonstop pain I'd been dealing with for three days by the time he saw me. And technically, I didn't 'get' the Shingles, their insidious, miserable virus had been lurking inside me since I had chickenpox as a kid. It just decided to reincarnate itself as Shingles. Now. For no apparent reason.

But I'm rambling, which, really, are we surprised, what with the drugs and all? Now what was I saying? Did I even have a point with this post?  If you've laughed already, then I've achieved my goal :)

For writing updates, I've got nothing. Well, almost nothing. I don't know if I ever mentioned that I had a 'new' request for Gone Missing Girl just the week before last (and I'm too lazy to look back through my recent posts to see) but in case I didn't mention it, I DID get a new request for the full. *Squee in a non-sarcastic, but genuinely excited manner* So, at the moment I've got about five fulls floating around with various agents *crosses fingers*.  Other than that all I've been doing is collecting feedback from one of my crit partners, Margo, on Thornbriar, and working (okay like really mostly working in my head, because the Shingles really whopped my arse) on my two main WIPs, Lamb Dressed in Armor, and Gristle Girl.

I've also *mostly* outlined and figured out my workshop for Sirens (if you're looking for a GREAT conference this fall, you can't go wrong with Sirens. Check them out here: Sirensconference.org) which is about how to write believable horses in your books, even if you don't know much, or anything, about horses. It's been... interesting, trying to decide exactly what to cover, what things are absolutely necessary for you to get right, what you can fudge, what you should ALWAYS do, and what you should NEVER do. I still need to decide exactly what would make for good handouts, but I'm liking what I have so far. Now, if someone like Judith Tarr shows up, I will feel very small and nervous in my horses-in-writing knowledge because she is one of the best in that area... :)

Okay, time for bed. It's almost eleven, and my alarm will go off at six am...

1 comment:

  1. Arty, I am SO sorry to read about the shingles. I have heard they are excruciating. :(

    ReplyDelete